Friday, July 23, 2010

Moose At Sunset

Connie ...


It was our last night at Klondike RV Park in Soldotna.  We had enjoyed dinner with our friends Robert and Leslie as usual.  I decided to finish laundry before we headed out the next morning, as I only had two loads left.


A while later I stepped out of the trailer and headed up to take the clothes out of the dryer.  I had only taken about 20 steps, when I heard a faint noise to my left.  I turned my head and right there was a moose!  Hurriedly, but quietly as not to startle her, I went back for my camera.  Stan grabbed his also and we knocked on our neighbors' door to share the sighting. 

When we got back to where she was, we were able to get some great photos.  She was very calm and did not mind our snapping picture after picture.  She moved around quite a bit and we did so also very slowly.  It is now getting close to midnight and the sun is just starting to set.  It was about an hour later when she finally moved back in the trees and out of sight.  What a treat.  Doing laundry late at night can be beneficial in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment