Saturday, July 3, 2010

Segway in Anchorage

 
Connie...
On Friday we drove back into Anchorage to do the Segway Tour.  I was a little hesitant, but wanted to try it just the same.  Our instructor, Alan is a teacher and has the Segway Tour business in the summer.  He was very thorough with the 30 minute lesson and let us feel comfortable with some practice time.    Well, as comfortable as you can be on something you've never operated knowing you will be moving along sidewalks and crossing streets where there are pedestrians and traffic!  Now we were off for our two hour tour.   After a while I started feeling like I could pry my hands away from the handle bars and try to relax a little.  But then low and behold, Alan informed us that we would be going down this hill (pretty steep).  My first reaction was, "that's O.K., I'll just wait up here."  Uh, no, that wasn't going to work, so Alan guided me down ever so slowly and assured me we would be fine.  Meanwhile,  the others are zooming and waiting for me  at the bottom of the hill.  It was a relief when the bottom was in sight, and it made for much laughter later on.  I haven't stopped laughing at myself since.  Really, the experience was fun and I would do it again tomorrow!

Don't we look like we're having a good time. Stan was great and backed me up the whole time.

What a sight,  "The Segway Foursome."

Stan handled it like a natural.


Alan was kind enough to take photos.  This is one of the many totem poles you see around the city.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm so jealous! It looks like you guys are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete